Friday, May 8, 2009

Not What I Expected . . .

. . . but I still like her! I finished this silk scarf yesterday and I'm learning to love her. Before I ever started painting her, I had an image in my mind of how she would turn out. This is rare for me, as I usually don't know what I'm going to paint until I start pulling colors off the shelf.

I was aiming for a brighter finish, but she turned out deep and mysterious. Although, she does have a silvery gray finish on each end. I named her Summer Nights, and listed her on Etsy last night.

My pictures are not the greatest. As I was setting up to photograph, the storm clouds started rolling in so the lighting was not the best for my amateur skills. About the time I snapped the last picture, the rain started. We (meaning the silk, the camera and me) narrowly escaped getting soaked, but I had a silk and camera to protect so I was quick on my feet!

Well, it's time to get my Friday started. First there's silk to be painted, then I've got a steamer full waiting to be steamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment