Wednesday, April 1, 2009

And I Shall Name It Dogwood



One of my favorite trees -- flowering tree -- is the dogwood. The blossoms are so pretty and delicate, so very feminine. The blossoms are just beginning to open up, so I snapped this picture while I was out today.

I must paint a silk scarf with these colors. Normally, I go for the vivid shades, but now and again I like to try my hand at subtle and soft. I love the new green and butter cream colors with a soft touch of blush pink on tips.
To give it a more ethereal feel, I think I'll paint on my extremely lightweight silk (the 5mm). The 5mm is super lightweight and sheer. It floats like a feather, and has a baby soft feel. I can't wait to get into the studio tomorrow!
Of course, once it's done it will show on etsy. So be on the look out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I think this is going to be wonderful...the dogwood is beautiful...marry that with fine silk and..voila..fabulousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dogwoods too, they are wonderful to paint too:)

    ReplyDelete