Monday, April 13, 2009

One Lazy Weekend

I spent my entire weekend being lazy. That would be Lazy with a capital "L." I had grand ideas that I would get a lot done over the weekend, but my lazy gene took over. Girl's gotta have a day (or two) off once in a while. What altered my oh-so-grand plans was a visit from my aunt and uncle Saturday morning. They were on their way out of town and need a refresher course on how to use their digital camera. Well, six hours later, I think they mastered some basics.

After that bit of fun, I desperately need a break. So, I'm off to hike the trails, but really feel I should paint at least one silk before I go. Something I learned about 20 years ago, but always think it doesn't apply to me -- never paint a silk quickly and expect it turn out like you want! I was aiming for a tropical rainbow, but it fell short (no purple). Crap! It's still pretty and vibrant, but a little dysfunctional as a rainbow.

Now, I need that break more than ever. So, I tug on my hiking boots, grab the dog and we're off. One thing that Mac loves is running free, especially with a stick. Here he is posing before we head out -- okay, he's really peeing, but with the tall grass you can't really tell. We had a blast. It's always relaxing when I'm around him. No matter how stressed I am, he can always make me smile. Here he is relaxing with one of his sticks after a great hike. We repeated the hike on Sunday afternoon. What a great way to spend Easter!

After a lazy weekend, it's hard to get back into the swing of life. Of course, it doesn't help that it's a rainy, dreary day. Maybe I need to take a dog break . . . Mac loves to hike in the rain . . .

1 comment:

  1. we love Mac...dog lovers here...!!

    and of course your beautiful work...
    mona & the girls
    hope you see some sun today..:)

    ReplyDelete