Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Little Ray of Sunshine

I thought I would share A Little Ray of Sunshine with everyone. Here (on the far left) she is while she was still drying. I used a muscadine wine in the center and faded out to a sunset orange and golden yellow.

Then I drew (with salt) a half sun on each end with some flaming rays. The idea was for the half suns to make one full sun. When you wear it, you'll be carrying around your own ray of sunshine!

By Saturday she was dry, so I steamed her along with several other silks. They all came through the steamer with no mishaps. Sometimes steaming is a "hold your breath and hope for the best" step in silk painting.

Yesterday, I was able to get a lot of silks photographed. The sun and lighting was just perfect! I hope to get her listed in my Etsy shop this afternoon.

Now, I'm plotting my next silk scarf. Do you think anybody will wear a lizard or a fish???

No comments:

Post a Comment